An Unexpected Hiccup

I apologize for the interruption in blogging last week.

I had a business trip to Chicago.  While I took my tablet with me to blog on the road, I found my self too tired at the end of the last two days of the trip to put a single coherent sentence together.  I had spent those days in client interviews as part of a larger  requirements elicitation process.  It doesn't sound too bad when I say it that way.  The reality is that we were sitting in a conference room without windows from 7:30 am until the last client left at nearly 6 pm with a short break for lunch.  During that time, we asked questions about the client's business processes and captured as much of what they explained as possible.  After dinner and prep for the next day, my brain was drained.  Blogging suddenly felt BIG and daunting.  As a result, I didn't post for Thursday or Friday.

Blogging is a hobby for me.  It is a way to tell Lyn's story as well as share information about Alzheimer's with Mom and with you, dear readers.  Normally, I prefer to have a couple of posts queued up when I have to travel to minimize the impact on the blog.  This trip didn't see me so organized.  While blogging is very important to me, it is not my number one priority.    Sometimes, crawling into bed and sleeping rates higher in my hierarchy of needs.

So, let's just agree that this will be the last time I apologize for missing a post or two.  I want to give you  posts with thought and care behind them.  I also want to maintain some blog/life balance.  If I miss a post, I am giving myself permission to not feel guilty or like I've let you down.  You have never made me feel that way so there's no reason for me to inflict that upon myself.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Comments

  1. I think this is one of the hardest things for the families of dementia - the rest of your life and responsibilities go on despite your repeated grief as your loved one continues to decline. Those of us who have experienced it and follow your blog understand completely and wish only the best for you. Thanks for sharing your journey - it's hard for me to read because it brings back my own loss, but it's such a gift for those going through it. We appreciate your dedication to sharing your family's story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind comment, Sharon. Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts this evening. I am sorry for your loss and hope you are able to remember your loved one with happiness and peace.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts