A Caught Breath

Sometimes, a headline will make me catch my breath.  Last week, my husband and I were at the dining table, on our laptops.  He turned his screen towards me in a silent "look at this."  I read the headline and froze.

"David Attenborough Has Admitted He's 'Coming to Terms' With Memory Loss"

The article is light on details about Sir Attenborough's memory challenges and describes it as "the kind of memory loss that comes with old age."

Memory loss is not a guarantee as you age.  Sir Attenborough indicates that writing and filming documentaries is more difficult now than it has been in the past.  He's about to turn 91 and while some may be a result of that, it could also be a result of larger cognitive issues.

I hope that Sir Attenborough is not facing larger cognitive issues.

Comments

Popular Posts