Prevention Update

One of the great questions about Alzheimer's is "How do we prevent it?"  

To date, we don't have a vaccine and we don't know the full mechanism which triggers Alzheimer's to  activate in one person and not in another.  As a result, we don't have a specific set of things that can be done to allow us to avoid the disease.  However, there are a number of things we can do that can help.

  • Maintain a heart healthy diet and weight
  • Exercise physically
  • Exercise mentally
  • Socialize
  • Manage your blood pressure

They all sound pretty simple but may require more effort for some people than for others.  I don't know about you, but motivation and a lack therein are a common problem for me.  But, I'm back on that wagon to exercise more and eat a healthier diet.

Now, when a vaccine is developed to prevent Alzheimer's, you better believe I will get that inoculation.

You're welcome to join me in my attempts to stave off Alzheimer's when I'm older.

Additional Information:

Comments

Popular Posts