Second Milestone

Well, we've hit a second milestone together.  We have already passed the year anniversary of Lyn's diagnosis.  Our second milestone is that one year ago today, Dementia Be Damned was started.  I'm going to take a moment to do a little navel-gazing, if you don't mind.

This blog was started as a way to tell my sister's story and why her life is meaningful.  Its other purposes are to share information about the place where intellectual disabilities and dementia intersect and to help us learn about dementia.  Unfortunately, we've found there is a dearth of information about dementia in the intellectually disabled, especially early-onset or young-onset dementia.

While I do hope that our scheduled meeting with the University group leads to more information, I also intend to continue writing Dementia Be Damned.  I beg your forgiveness, however.  I intend to switch to a Monday - Friday format.  A fair amount of change has occurred in my own life and this will ease my own workload just a little.

Thank you for reading along.  Thank you for your comments and your feedback.  I look forward to a second year of sharing what I learn about dementia and sharing stories about Lyn with you.  




Comments

  1. You have done a GREAT job here and I dare say I'm not alone in thanking you. The research has been wonderfully varied and helpful. This small change in posting is not a problem. mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts