Phone Calls

After a week of heavy topics, let's ease into the weekend with a lighter topic.


I have no idea how many phones my sister has worn out.  Many, many phones have met their end due to the endless hours she spent chatting with a boyfriend.

Did I catch you off guard with that last statement?

Lyn has had more boyfriends than me.  She's had long, multi-year relationships with guys she's met through school, Special Olympics or one of her social groups.  Their relationships consisted mostly of chaperoned group social events, chaperoned occasional dates and nearly unlimited phone calls.

Imagine her delight when cordless phones came into the picture.  She could close herself into our room and  chat away in private, shooting me The Look if I dared to come into the room.

Comments

Popular Posts