She's forgotten but her body hasn't

I suppose the title of this post could be used again and again as the days ahead happen.  I won't use it again.  I wanted to use it today because she's forgotten what a menstrual period is and yet her body has not.   Previously, she'd forgotten that she would have them and was scared when it happened.  Now, she doesn't even know what it is or what it means.  I'm not an expert, but this seems FAST.

Mom wrote to me the following:

She just came out of the bathroom.  She's running bath water.  She "wanted to ask a question.  I have blood on my panties."  I asked if she started her period and she didn't know.  I said that's probably what it is.  Told her to put a pad on after her bath.  She apologized about her panties.  I told her not to worry and I tried to stay very calm.  It is unnerving.  She had forgotten, you can see it in her eyes.


If only menopause would kick in too...

Comments

Popular Posts